If you have those caring skills and energy to make that difference, we would like to hear from you.
Perhaps you’ve had some considerable experience of providing care and just want a change or the opportunity to increase your chances of working when and where it suits you. Maybe you are re entering work or are new to care and feel we can provide what you are looking for. Either way we will provide you with the support and encouragement you need.
We select staff by assessing their caring skills, friendlyness, professionalisn and reliabilty.
We carefully screen through The Disclousure and Barring Service (DBS) and the Barred Lists. Two references are always taken up and checked thoroughly. During induction, all staff are trained shadowing another senior team member and in house by our Nurse Trainer in the following subjects: Induction training conforms to nationally recognised standards.
- Code of conduct
- Anti Discriminatory Practice
- Disclosure of Abuse or Bad Practice
- Aims, Objectives & Philosophy of Care
- Service Specification
- Health and Safety
- Personal Care Tasks
- The Employee Information Binder
- Company Policies & Procedures
- Terms & Conditions of Service
- Fire procedure
- Manual Handling
- Food Hygiene
- First Aid Training
Chelston Park also sends staff on certificated external training courses for such topics as Food Hygiene, Manual Handling, First Aid, Health & Safety, Care of the Elderly, Drug Administration etc.
We encourage and finance all Care Staff to achieve qualifications suitable for their job role.
Our policy is to have 60% of all care staff to have achieved or be undertaking Diplomas in Care.
Although experience in the care sector is an advantage we are looking for kind, considerate, caring people to join our team.
We can offer:
- Flexible approach to work, full, part time or weekend work.
- Excellent pay & conditions.
- Induction and ongoing training to Diploma level. Support provided by our in house trainer and external training providers.
- Opportunities for variety and career progression within an organisation delivering: General Nursing Care, Residential Care, Dementia Care & Support and Community Care.
- Care Assistants ~ 1-to-1 Care Assistants – Care Coordinators ~ Senior Care Assistants ~ Independ Learning Team Staff ~ Support workers ~ trainers ~ administrators
- Pleasant friendly staff
Talk to us about the opportunities available.
Within 5 minute easy reach of junction 26 of the M5 motorway or 6 miles out of Taunton along the A38 towards Wellington.
Simply contact us for a chat and talk to our staff about what we can offer you.